It’s been a while since the last blog post, but the information contained in this blog is still relevant and useful for your university journey!
- Journey to positive mental health December 22, 2017 As we come to the end of 2017 I wanted to share some of the journey I’ve been on this year and what has helped me through a very challenging period. I hope that in doing so there may be some new or different things to try that you might be drawn to or you ...read more
- The Ins and Outs of moving to study in the UK September 1, 2017International students, property rental expert Ian Muir is back! Space in a suitcase is precious when it comes to moving to another country, and this time Ian gives his advice on what and what not to pack. In my previous “Don’t forget your toothbrush” article we highlighted the essentials of what you need to prepare, and ...read more
- Don’t forget your toothbrush! August 25, 2017International students, this one’s for you! In this post, property rental expert Ian Muir gives his tips on what and how to prepare for your move to the UK to start university. Thanks, Ian! 🙂 Moving to another country with a different language and culture is a BIG move. It can be exciting and stressful. I think it’s a very brave ...read more
- How to make friends before you start university August 21, 2017 When we leave home for university, all that is familiar and normal to us is thrown on its head, including the friends and family that we have been happy and safe surrounding ourselves with. Ask anyone about to start their degree what they are worried about and one of the top answers will be meeting ...read more
- I lost my friend to suicide June 15, 20177th June 2017 – It’s three months today since my dear friend Francesca was found dead in her apartment. She had been suffering from long-term depression, anxiety and a very sad and deep self-hatred. The darkness of her mind was so strong she had become unable to let any light in and she believed the ...read more